Posted by: Through the Eyes of Women | February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015 Host Emma Breacain Speaks with Author Janet Cheatham Bell About Being the Change We Wish to See.

Janet_C._Bell 2010There is no such thing as race. It’s an artificial construct designed to keep the 99% suspicious of each other, leaving the 1% free to plunder Wall Street unfettered. That is the starting point of today’s conversation with Janet Cheatham Bell about American race relations in the twenty-first century and her new book of collected essays, “Not All Poor People Are Black, And Other Things We Need To Think More About.”

Are we celebrating Black History Month? Or are we calling it out as lip service that may even hinder the cause it was created to promote? What are we supposed to do about the blatant racism that still permeates American culture in these supposedly enlightened times?favorite pic of Kamau and me

In her book and in this episode of Through The Eyes Of Women, Bell places the responsibility for finding harmony squarely upon…. all of us. She leaves no room for pity or despair, not even when discussing her son W. Kamau Bell’s very recent encounter with racism within the politically correct bastion of Berkeley, California. Bell holds those who want to see peace accountable for making it themselves.

No big deal, right? Let’s get to work.

To listen to and/or download Emma’s conversation with Janet Cheatham Bell click the following link:     2-23-2015 Emma_Janet Cheatham Bell

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: